Our office is conveniently located at the north east corner of Steeles and Woodbine in Markham. It is accessible by public transit as well as having free parking. Join our team as a volunteer, and be part of a hard-working, cooperative and caring group!
Volunteering For Epilepsy Ontario
When you become part of our volunteer team you have the opportunity to:
- Support the cause of epilepsy
- Gain new skills as well as apply your current ones
- Broaden your network by meeting new people, making new friends, and developing new contacts
- Have the satisfaction of helping others
- Make a difference
Epilepsy Ontario has volunteer opportunities in the following positions:
- Graphic Designer – We are seeking a volunteer graphic designer who is skilled in designing posters, brochures, etc for print and the web. Engagement would be on a project by project basis. Great opportunity to build your portfolio. Work from the comfort of your own home – or wherever you are!
- Executive Committee members – The Executive Committee, also more commonly known as a board of directors, sets the direction of the organization. Executive Committee members are expected to attend monthly meetings, join at least one committee, and eventually develop the knowledge and leadership to chair a committee as well.
- Committees – Epilepsy Ontario has a number of committees that welcome the participation of committed people who are willing to dedicate the time and effort to make things happen. Our committees include: Advocacy and Government Relations, Resource Development, Research Policy Development, Governance, Finance, Nominating, and Human Resources.
- Administrative and general office work – This can be on an ongoing basis to one that is on a project-by-project basis.
- Organization and participation in fundraising activities such as the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon. Join Team Epilepsy Ontario in either the 5k walk or either the half or full marathon events. Have fun, develop your fitness and raise money for a good cause all in one day! Or organize an event such as a garage sale, golf tournament, or fundraising dinner on behalf of Epilepsy Ontario – please just let us know ahead of time so we can provide you with tips, tools and advice.
For more information, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org