March is Epilepsy Awareness Month – the perfect time to turn advocacy talk into action. We’re giving a voice to Ontario’s epilepsy community by engaging and educating MPPs at Queen’s Park in Toronto.
Epilepsy staff, volunteers and agencies are meeting with MPPs and policy advisors to develop strategies to improve epilepsy care in the province. From access to treatment to a supportive work environment, Epilepsy Ontario is here to empower people with epilepsy. Specifically, we are calling for a provincial epilepsy care strategy. Click here to learn more about it.
It started in 2009 when Margaret Maye, founder of Epilepsy Cure Initiative, created her own opportunity to engage politicians in talks about epilepsy. Since then, Epilepsy Ontario has been working with ECI to educate the provincial parliament about the epilepsy community’s biggest concerns. Big changes are already underway as MPPs have committed to working with non-profit epilepsy organizations like us.
You can be part of the process! Start by contacting your local MPP. Let them know what services and supports are necessary to improve the quality of lives of people with epilepsy. How can you take advocacy to the next level? Click here to find out.
- Letter to Eric Hoskins Click here
- Pre Budget Cover Letter Click here
- Pre Budget Submission Click here
- Check out the meeting deck at Queen’s Park for 2018 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Check out the presentation at Queen’s Park for 2015 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Check out the meeting deck at Queen’s Park for 2015 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Check out the presentation at Queen’s Park for 2014 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
2014 Queens Park PhotosExpand 2014 Queens Park Photos Section
The 2014 Queens Park Photos are available for viewing below.
- Check out the presentation at Queen’s Park for 2013 Epilepsy Action Day! Click here.
- Find out how we raised our voices for epilepsy at Queen’s Park by reading our press release.
- Click here to learn more about our key messages (powerpoint)
- Watch the highlights from Epilepsy Action Day 2012 on our YouTube account.
2012 Queens Park PhotosExpand 2012 Queens Park Photos Section
The 2012 Queens Park Photos are available for viewing below.