If you’re looking for more than just the quick facts on epilepsy, this is the place to be! We’re bringing the epilepsy experts to you. From doctors to the very people who overcome the challenges of epilepsy every day, the epilepsy community is sharing their insight. Why not take advantage of it?
Choose from any of the following publications to learn how epilepsy affects Canadians:
ArchivesExpand Archives Section
- “Pfizer to pay $142M in court decision on Neurontin” (March 2010) – Kaiser recovered money for a Pfizer-manufactured medicine.
- “Ontario to provide enhanced ID cards to enter U.S.” (February 2010) – New ID cards make it easier for Ontarians to enter the U.S.
- “Epilepsy conference comes to University of Toronto” (May 2006) – To mark our 50th anniversary, Epilepsy Ontario presents a conference on epilepsy care.
- “March is Epilepsy Awareness Month” (May 2006) – Epilepsy Ontario encourages people to dedicate the month of March to learning more about epilepsy.
- “50 and Fabulous” (March 2006) – Epilepsy Ontario celebrates its 50th anniversary with a special fundraising initiative.
Institute of Medicine (IOM)Expand Institute of Medicine (IOM) Section
Ontario Brain InstituteExpand Ontario Brain Institute Section
The OBI is a renowned research centre that has allocated significant funding to studying epilepsy.
The OBI hosted an epilepsy webinar during brain awareness week in 2012, linking the patient, medical, clinical, research and advocacy perspectives. Click here to view the webinar. (Be sure to turn on your speakers.)
SharingExpand Sharing Section
Sharing was published by Epilepsy Ontario and discontinued by 2010. Contents may be reprinted without permission, using the following credit line: “Reprinted from Sharing, formerly the official publication of Epilepsy Ontario.”
Inclusion of material in Sharing does not necessarily imply endorsement or agreement by Epilepsy Ontario. This material is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice. Consult your physician, neurologist or health professional for individual diagnosis and treatment.
- You asked us – Have questions about epilepsy? Our epilepsy specialists will answer them.
- Siblings and Epilepsy- a guide for parents and siblings who have been touched by epilepsy
- A glimpse into the world of epilepsy – Rylie’s story – A mother reflects on how epilepsy cut short her daughter’s life
- Encore: Back to school for Parents of Children with Epilepsy
- Niagara Falls Community Effort Helps Child Living with Epilepsy
- The Great Balancing Act – One of our board members shares his story of living with epilepsy.
- University of Toronto Epilepsy Research Program – U of T invited guest speakers to discuss epilepsy research.
Voices of Epilepsy- Epilepsy Ontario’s e-newsletter
More Epilepsy ResourcesExpand More Epilepsy Resources Section
Click here to go to our epilepsy resource page
- Safety Products
- Online Brochures About Epilepsy
- Teaching Aids
- Links and Publications
- Epilepsy in the News