Epilepsy Simcoe County
Epilepsy Simcoe County has been operating in the City of Barrie to support the needs of approximately 5,000 people in Simcoe County living with epilepsy, for almost 40 years. We offer a place where people can come for information, support, financial assistance and socialization.
For a full list of services and programs, please visit the Epilepsy Simcoe County website.
- Child Tutor Program: Financial assistance tutoring for a child with epilepsy.
- Resource Library: Book/CD’s/Video’s loaned to the public to increase epilepsy knowledge.
- Camp: Financial assistance for a child/youth who has epilepsy to attend camp.
- Kids on The Block: A scripted performance by life sized puppets and volunteer puppeteers who provide education/awareness about epilepsy at no charge to a variety of groups across Simcoe County when invited.
- Support Groups: Meeting to support/educate those with epilepsy.
- Newsletter: An informative update on Epilepsy Simcoe County that is given out to members quarterly.
- Referral Counseling: Individuals supported by appointments/walk in or telephone to clients.
- Emergency Medication Fund/Support: Financial assistance for a person on anti-convulsant medication for epilepsy.
- Education: Epilepsy education when Kids on the Block is not appropriate.
- Emergency Travel Expense: Financial assistance for a person with epilepsy to attend doctor appointments, tests, etc.
- Volunteer Program: Opportunities to assist with agency programs.